Flat glass (solgel)
Why you should choose Sames
- Unique experience with research centers and industrial applications
- Knowledge and comprehensive process expertise
- Ultimate field service and worldwide proximity support
A new area of innovation
In materials science, the sol-gel process is a method for producing solid materials from small molecules. The method is used for the fabrication of metal oxides, especially the oxides of silicon and titanium. The process involves conversion of monomers into a colloidal solution (sol) that acts as the precursor for an integrated network (or gel) of either discrete particles or network polymers. Typical precursors are metal alkoxides.
The applications for sol gel-derived products are numerous. For example, scientists have used it to produce the world’s lightest materials and also some of its toughest ceramics. One of the largest application areas is thin films, which can be produced on a piece of substrate by spin coating or dip coating. Protective and decorative coatings, and electro-optic components can be applied to glass, metal and other types of substrates with these methods. Cast into a mold, and with further drying and heat-treatment, dense ceramic or glass articles with novel properties can be formed that cannot be created by any other method. Other coating methods include spraying, electrophoresis, inkjet printing or roll coating.
Various Applications for SOLGEL
Process for SOLGEL Applications
Advantages of Bell Spray Coating
Unique features with advanced technology
- Higher transfer efficiency, leading to material and cost savings, emissions reduction
- Application quality with controlled granulometry, homogeneous spray, quick process parameters change
- High productivity (up to 800cc/min sprayed at 1m/s)
- Quick material change if needed (15s)
- Multiple material option (quick changing of material is possible)
- Multiple layers option
- 3D parts application option
High quality process for optimum performances
Glass bonding in architectural application or transportation requires strong adhesion, lasting characteristics (up to 30 years), and the highest level of safety. A controlled process with high performance materials are needed.
2K Mixing Machines for Glue
2K dosing, mixing & dispensing machines are necessary to ensure the right performances of the material.
We have mechanical machines (P85) or electrical machines (BOOSTHOR) to meet your material, final application & process needs.
For example, VEC system - 2K silicon glue 10:1 ratio is using our mechanical machine P85 successfully for the most demanding users.
Mechanical Machine P85
Allows a robust process with easy maintenance & long-lasting performance.